I’ve been wanting to make this post for over a month, and finally I’m making it, with the motivation I’ve just got from Gussy’s e-mail about Inspiration Workshop – Favorite Recipe (thank you Gussy!).
Everybody likes pizza, right?? Right. Though this doesn’t exactly taste like pizza it tastes quite similar and the best part is that you can change the ingredients as you like and still end up with something really delicious.
The original recipe I got from my mom includes these ingredients:
(for the dough)
* 2 zucchinis OR potatoes
* 3 eggs
* 1 glass (approx. 200ml) of sunflower oil
* 1 glass yogurt
* 1 pack of baking soda
* red pepper (ground spice) / hot red pepper (ground spice)
* flour (as much as you need, I’ll explain it below)
* 2 tomatoes
* 5-6 green pepper
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees.
2. Slice the tomatoes and peppers for the topping and put them aside. (This step is important because once the dough is ready we have to add the topping and start baking asap.)
3. Chop the zucchinis or potatoes (both can be used for more flavor), set aside.
4. In a big bowl, mix all ingredients (a spoon will help) I listed above for the dough, add the potatoes/zucchinis and add the flour slowly until you get cake or muffin dough consistency. It shouldn’t be too dense. Do not spend too much time mixing, it doesn’t need to be homogenous.
5. Pour the mixture in an oven tray and decorate with tomato and pepper slices.
6. Throw it in the oven (totally translated from Turkish) :) It will be ready in about 40 – 50 mins. I check cakes and similar kind of pastry with a knife, if the dough doesn’t get all over it I know it’s done :)
I like to change the ingredients and get different tastes too. Last time I made this easy pizza, I used sweet red pepper, green pepper, onion, garlic, eggplant, zucchini and it was SO tasty. Well… garlic & onion magic always works ;) Oh and here it is…
I hope you like my recipe. This is the first time I’m writing a recipe in English, if there’s anything confusing please leave me a comment or send me an e-mail and I’ll fix it :)